« Home | Conversation With... Sela Carsen » | A Conversation With Katherine Warwick... Dancing ... » | A Conversation With... Marty Kindall » | A Conversation With... Stacy Dawn » | Conversation with Amanda Brice » | A Conversation With... Crystal Jordan » | Coming this Friday... our first conversation with... »

A Conversation With... Emma Petersen

Today I'm chatting with Cobblestone Press author, Emma Petersen.

Bebe: Hi Emma. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Emma: Well, I’m single, enjoy walks along the beach and have a semi-debilitating shopping addiction. Opps, you mean author wise? Well I first started writing in high school after reading Comanche Flame by Madeline Baker. I didn’t even know it was a romance. I was at my second home (the library) and the line to check out books ran along a row displaying paperbacks. There was a book with a a shirtless man on horseback on the cover (what more did I need?) so I checked it out. Then the next day, I went back and checked out everything I could find by her, and then went on to Connie Mason, Fern Michaels, Susan Johnson and Brenda Joyce. When the library ran out of romances, I decided to write my own. It was a gripping saga about a woman whose shoes had been stolen. In order to get her shoes back from the bad guy she hired a gunslinger to take her across country, of course they fell in love, retrieved her shoes, built a huge house with two shoe closets and lived happily ever after.

Bebe: How do you work writing in to your routine?
Emma: I go to my local coffee house and write two hours before work and two hours after work. Espresso helps me focus but I can’t drink too much. It’s hard to type when the shaking sets in.

Bebe: Tell us about your current release with Cobblestone Press.
Emma: Branded. (Just came out today. :D Buy it! Buy it! So I can buy more shoes!) I love historicals, I love cowboys and I LOVE secret baby books. Branded is my cowboy book. Jenny and Ty have known each other forever and have wanted each other just as long. But it’s never been the right time or place for them to be together. So when tragedy strikes, they finally give in to their feelings. But Ty, being a man, messes up. (No offense to any men reading this, but you know it’s true. You guys do mess up sometimes.)

Bebe: I understand you also sometimes write with a partner. What’s that like?
Emma: Scary? LOL! No just kidding. It’s pretty awesome because she balances me out. I am the Queen of sap (Hello! I love secret baby books and Greek baby daddies!) and she’s more realistic, so she often pulls me back from the brink and refuses to let every heroine I create be a virgin or secretly pregnant. It works.

Bebe: Do you have any upcoming projects to tell us about?
Emma: I have quite a few! Next up in Dragon’s Mate. It’s about Maya and Eric. Eric wants Maya but she isn’t so sure she can trust him. After all he did try to kill her. So is great sex worth risking her life and her heart? It very well may be.

Bebe: Do you cook? What is your signature dish?
Emma: Cook? As in food? Umm…not so much, but I do boil a mean cup of water.

Bebe: Besides author, what is your dream job?
Emma: Cabana boy masseur. Cabana boys work really hard and I think it’s important that they keep their muscles in prime working condition. And what better way to assist in the development of their muscles besides rubbing them down with oil?

Bebe: Do you participate in any sports? Any hobbies?
Emma: Shopping. It’s my sport of choice as well as hobby. I’m known to cover a mall in under two hours, shopping bags and all.

Bebe: Who are your favorite authors?
Emma: Besides myself? Hmm…I have so many but one of my ultimate favorites would be Toni Morrison.

Bebe: You have been given an all expenses paid vacation. Where will you visit? And who do you bring along?
Emma: A tropical island and Cabana boys. You can’t go to a tropical island without a Cabana boy or four.

Bebe: What’s next from Emma Petersen?
Emma: More books. More books until my poor little fingers cramp up and I can no longer type. Then Franz, my Cabana boy, will have to type for me. But until then you can visit my website and blog to see what wacky adventures Duchess and I are up to.

Bebe: One last question… where can I find the perfect egg roll?
Emma: The Lotus Blossom off Chapman and the 55 in Orange Park Acres. If you go pass Crawford Canyon you’ve gone too far! They also have a yummy shrimp in lobster sauce dish!

Thanks for a great chat, Emma! To find out more about Emma, stop by http://emmapetersen.com or http://emmapetersen.blogspot.com.

Fun, interesting interview, Bebe (and Emma)!

Thanks for the interview Emma and Bebe. Emma: I loved Comanche Flame by Madeline Baker! :)

Post a Comment