« Home | Conversation with Amanda Brice » | A Conversation With... Crystal Jordan » | Coming this Friday... our first conversation with... »

A Conversation With... Stacy Dawn

Bebe: Hi, Stacy. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Stacy: I’m a stay-at-home mother of two and the only female in my house. (Sports of any kind dominate the topic of conversations 90% of the day.) I’ve been writing for years but seriously for the last four years.


Bebe: How do you work writing in to your daily routine?
Stacy: I try to fit my writing in the mornings and early afternoons for a few hours—not necessarily all together with kids underfoot LOL. But at the same time, I’ve kept this routine so they are used to it.


Bebe: You have two e-books out with Wild Rose Press. Tell us about the stories.
Stacy: The Theory of Love is a fun and flirty story. Abbey’s doubts about her friend’s sparks and fireworks theory only grow when a set-up date turns into a no-show dud. Vowing never to let her friend set her up again, the last thing she expects is a jean-clad dancing plant putting the theory to the test

Shadows of Moonlight is a bit darker paranormal but unlike the usual out there. In essence it is a love story that transcends time and takes a close look at the way we view ourselves compared to the way others view us. Over the centuries, Rick Shayne has loved and lost the same woman four times. Her reappearance only deepens his guilt and he refuses to risk her life or his heart again. Liz Greyson isn’t about to let him off that easy, but will her secret be his saving grace or cast him back into the shadows of moonlight forever.


Bebe: What do you find is the biggest misconception about Canadians?
Stacy: Honestly, it’s an oldie but a goodie. Everyone thinks all of Canada is snow-covered freezing 90% of the year LOL. I’m not denying we have cold, snowy winters but in truth, especially where I live in Southern Ontario, we get beautiful springs, hot summers, and cool autumns just like a lot of places.


Bebe: I love your game show, ESCAPE the Mondayn, which is featured on your blog on Mondays. How did you come up with the concept?
Stacy: I was looking to put up something fun for my fellow writers who visited regularly so I thought of a start about vacationing on a beach. Then I thought I’d add a little prize. Well, by the time my overactive brain fiddled with the concept for a day or two, ESCAPE the Mondayn was born. I never actually meant for it to go as far as it has but now it’s just too fun to stop.


Bebe: Umm. Hate to ask this, but… Could you have Jon Bon Jovi on again?
Stacy: **wink** I’ll have my people call his people. I’m sure something can be arranged.


Bebe: Besides author, what is your dream job?
Stacy: I’m living it. Even in high school, I knew I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom and write.


Bebe: What is the best movie you’ve seen in the past three months?
Stacy: How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. It has everything in it I love about romantic comedy. Mix-ups, misinterpretations, and Matthew McConaughey.


Bebe: Who are your favorite authors?
Stacy: This seems so easy for some people but I really can’t say. I don’t have favorites because I read such a variety, I enjoy so many.


Bebe: If money were no object, describe the car you would drive?
Stacy: Red ’69 Firebird.


Bebe: What’s next from Stacy Dawn?
Stacy: I’m thrilled to say along with two other short stories, A Matching Fancy and Sold, coming soon from The Wild Rose Press, I also just signed a contract for my very first full-length novel with them. This will be available in ebook AND print and is called Wanna Make a Bet—When aspiring artist and purposefully single Sophie Montgomery mutters those four fateful words, her sexy neighbor, Jay Coltrane, pounces on the opportunity to prove she’s not as immune to him as she thinks. Before she knows it, Sophie finds herself not only betting against a seduction, she’s betting against her own ability to keep her dreams intact and a certain luscious landscaper out of them.


And the best news is that TWRP recently changed printers and will now have their print books available through Amazon.com.


Bebe: One last question… where can I find the perfect egg roll?
Stacy: China. But a fair one can be found downtown at The Red Rice LOL.


Visit Stacy Dawn at www.stacydawn.com

Escape the Mondayn can never end. What would we read for a luagh in the blogsphere? Now, they shoudl ask...how do you stay so svelte? You have a centimeter waist in your picture!

Nice, Bebe! I feel like I know Stacy Dawn now!!

Woo Hoo! I'll have to check Escape the Mondayn out ...

Really interesting learning how you came up with the concept for Escape the Mondayn. Great interview!

Post a Comment